Saturday, August 2, 2008

I've found an old friends blog...

Glendon Mellow is writing a blog called the flying trilobite or something like that. I remember Glendon from grade 7. We used to draw together. We parted ways as we grew but I will always atribute some of my skill to the practice and encouragement I gained while we were friends. I've looked him up recently and find he is married now, and continues with his art. Maybe I've had a similar influence on him, I don't know. It doesn't really matter. It's just kind of neat to see an old friend.


I've finished the sculpting part of my sculpture yester day, and on Wed I'll paint it up. I am really impressed with it. Especailly for my first sculpture. I am thinking I will paint it with a sepia brown wash. Well honestly I wanted to paint it up cream coloured for the skin and a brown colour for the shorts maybe a light grey for the hair. And Then have some kind of wash applied. But... I can try a wash first (and then paint it).

Oh did I mention George Lucas looked at my sculpture?? Ok I will eventually stop mentioning that... Maybe.


I'm now watching two tv series on DVD. Scrubs season 4 (melanie just brought it home), and Studio 60 on the sunset strip. It's an interesting mix of comedic methodologies.


Scrubs reminds me of MASH. Ah the good old 4077... Hawkeye I miss your wisdom.

1 comment:

Jon Parkins said...

Hey I heard George Lucas saw your sculpture the other day ;)