Thursday, May 10, 2007

Self Pitty. This is more for me than you. I just need to vent.

Well today was harder than most days. There were some technical issues at work that I couldn't solve, and that just seemed to take me right out of my comfort zone. Dinner was a disaster. I was cooking some brats sausages in the oven and they burned badly, so I took them out of the oven and I put them in the sink to cool and turned on the water. Well I had been cooking them in a glass casserole dish, and of course, when I put water in to cool it down it shattered. Bleh. I'm tired, cranky, and feel like I want to come home. I guess it's being homesick. I knew this would happen, and I know all I can do is ride it out and wait for it to pass. Hopefully it will pass quickly. Some of the other expats say they go through it every 3-4 months. They tell me it will get easier. I hope so. Somehow it seems saying "it will get easier" seems a bit of a cop out. I miss Jen and the girls. I miss my folks. I miss my friends. I miss Canada. I miss being wearing a jacket. I miss socks and shoes. I miss the go train. Well I don't really miss the go train. I miss the friends I had on the go train. I miss the movie network. I miss my TV. I miss my house and my car. My beautiful beautiful car. I miss incandescent lighting. Everything here is cfc energy efficient.

2 comments:

Jon Parkins said...

Get me a room in your place and I'll entertain you and remind you of all things Canadian! I'll bring bacon, and maple syrup and dance around with some feathers on my head.

Oh and for a snow ball fight I'll throw ice cubes at you, need to improvise you see.

Ryan said...

heh heh nice. I've got the room put aside for you.