Sunday, February 17, 2008

Future plans

So... my efforts to update my web site are proceeding. I do not yet have a design that i love, and frankly speaking I doubt I ever will. I have a few things going against me for that, one is the technical how to build it, and the other is I like so many different designs I have trouble limiting myself to just one, and when I do I feel the limitation. Ah well it is good to create stuff on my own again. When jen gets back she will help me with the technical. This means you won't see an update for at least 35-40 days. My google count down clock has set jens return at 28 days (that means she will arrive home on march 16th). I figure I'll give her a few days to get it built. ;)

The image beside this will be on my about page. I was going to cut out my girls, but then I was missing arms and frankly didn't want to have to rebuild them. The picture was already a composite.

Once my site is up, and I'm slightly happier with it, I am going to try some outside development. As tough as this sounds with my family situation going, and being a "single" dad for a bit, I have decided to help my crew develop their portfolios. Many of them have expressed a desire to improve their vfx type portfolios. I, by no means have a rock solid vfx portfolio. But I want to help these folks, and figure I will learn from it too. I will need to run it past my work to make sure it does not conflict with any legal obligation or ownership. We are not going to sell anything, just learn from it and enhance our experience.

It will be interesting to see who wants in. More so to see who actually contributes what. Time for some to step up I think.

No comments: