Saturday, April 21, 2007

Now back to Singapore!

When I arrived here, as I mentioned earlier I stayed in a "service apartment" called the Far East service apartments. I've got a few pictures now of the "Far East" and from around Singapore.


The airport was nice (once I got away from the security with the machine guns anyway). Work was great because they had a limp driver waiting at the airport with a sign with my name on it. It was so cool. It was hot out but I didn't seem to notice. The limo driver said it was 32 degrees.


It took about 30 min to get from the airport to the service apt. The drive was really nice. Lots of flowers, and jungle type foliage. It turns out that the apt is right "down town", in the most touristy part of Singapore. The first seven floors are a teeny bopper stylish mall. I was on the 13th floor. I hoped that wasn't an omen. I took comfort in my view. It looks out north east I think. Honestly all of my direction skills have been lost here. Those trees are scattered all around Singapore, and some of them must be 50-60 years old. I think it is really amazing having so much green in what is really a big city. I've heard that it has the largest rain forest inside a city anywhere in the world.

Here is someone who you may remember form the dark Elliott days. She is doing well here, and become quite an accomplished dragon boat racer. Do you recognize her? It's Alicia! This was my first day in Singapore. Alicia invited me to watch her dragon boating. They do it almost every Saturday I think. It was really nice out but I was exhausted, and ended up leaving a bit early. She has worked really hard to make me feel welcome. (be nice Jon and Andrew) There are so many opertunities for nice pictures. Once I ... uh... aquire.. a new copy of photoshop, I'll make these really pretty but for now they are straight out of the camera.

This last picture is the view from the MRT (mass rapid transit) Expo station. The building in the glory is the signature building where Lucasfilm Animation Singapore BV works it's magic. So far, four weeks in, it is going well. Tomorrow. I will write a new post and show pictures of Jen and my cable car dinner experience and some photos of my new place. I can't call it home yet, (not with out the girls) but I'm sure it will be. We bought a digital camera for me to use here while they have the other one at ... I was about to say home, but maybe I should just say in whitby instead. That's one of the strange parts of this move.



1 comment:

Jon Parkins said...

I would never say something "off colour" about Alicia :d

You on the other hand, your fair game my friend!