Wednesday, April 25, 2007

SkyCable Dinning



Jen and I enjoyed an evening of "cable car dinning" from Mt Faber ( the highest point in Singapore) to Sentosa (Singapore's resort island). It takes about 24 minutes round trip, so our dinner was three round trips. One course of the meal on each trip. It was a great night out, though very expensive. $168 sing dollars for the dinner (that's about $125 Canadian). Pretty high price for only one glass of wine each. It took a while before it began because we didn't know what time it was supposed to start so we wandered around Singapore for a while and then waited for about an hour at Mt Faber.










The food was great, although very western. After a few exciting hawker stand visits it was a welcome change. :D



The view was amazing but almost impossible to take a picture of. I have about 20 really blurry photos and only one or tow clear ones. It didn't bounce around so much you'd get sick, but it was enough to wreck some of the pics.



Jen had chicken and I had beef. Actually we split both, and then we had a nice chocolate brownie.

mmmmmm.





I have to admit I feel kind of conceited putting up pictures of myself, so I will balance it out with a nice picture of my eight inch friend here. This is easily the biggest spider that I have ever seen, and I hope to never see it again. If I stretch my fingers out as far as they can go it will still not be as big as this spider. It was sitting in a giant 5 foot web beside the restaurant at Mt Faber. I was about 4 meters from it in this picture. There was no way I was getting any closer, and I didn't stick around long enough to zoom in.

1 comment:

Jack said...

Work? It looks like you are vacation!
Glad to see things seem to be going well. Make room, I'm moving in. ;)