Sunday, April 22, 2007

Our Apt and a cool BBQ



Ok. I admit it. These pictures are not new. I got lazy and did not take any pictures of our new apt. BUT I do have these photos from my cell phone that I took to show Jen the place before we got it. We now live in the top two floors of this lovely four floor building.


This is our pool and our view from our living room and bedroom. It is 1.4meters to 2 meters deep. On the weekend there are about 6 regular kids playing in it. Melanie will have lots of fun. The weight room is beside the far end of this pool, and the BBQ pit would be behind the camera and off to the left. We can see the BBQ from our dining room window. Today Jen and I went for a 15 min walk to the East Point Mall. It was a nice close walk to everything we will need.



This is our dinning room area. Alicia and her friend from Amsterdam went with me the first time I looked at the place. I think it was a good idea to bring a "local" with me. If you read this Alicia, thank you. This is pretty much my living room now. The only thing that is really missing from what I have now is the piano. We asked them to leave it but... what can you do. The TV and stereo are still here. The colours are interesting, but believe it or not that kinda work for the space. There are lots of little Chinese knick knacks that add to the experience. It was funny they had a Chinese style horse lamp that the owners sun tried to tell me it was like the terracotta warriors. I don't think they had lamps back 2200 years ago, but I didn't want to ruin his delusions so I nodded politely and oooed and awwwed appropriately.

It is Sunday here today, and a bunch of people from work were having a BBQ in the east coast park. It was beautiful, and a great chance for Jen to meet the people I work with, and there significant others. We had a great time.
The weather was perfect for a beach side BBQ (which was god because it had rained pretty hard earlier in the day).

1 comment:

Brian said...

it looks like you are on a permanent vacation. actually kind of impressive looking.

as i'm sure the locals figure we live in igloos, i figured you'd be living wheat shacks.
:)