Thursday, March 15, 2007

A Great Success!~

The last few days have gone by like a blur. My goodbye party has now come and gone. We had about 30 people come to say good bye at the house. I was a bit worried about it because there were a number of people that didn't show up, or said they couldn't make it. I will try to call them and say good bye, but time is short, and there is so much to do.
It was a lot of fun. Much like our last Christmas party it was strange to have members from both sides of the family together. They mixed really well and our friends that came helped bridge the gaps. There was lost of great food.
Jen made a chicken biscuit casserole dish that was fantastic. There were chicken wings, ham, meatballs, salads, and lots of chips. Good food makes for good parties right?
To everyone that made it out, Thank YOU! I am so glad I had the opportunity to say goodbye. I hope you had a good time.

I've received my flight details and will be flying out on March 18th. It's an early flight, and I will have to leave the house around 5:30am. I'm sooo not a morning person. I can't believe I'm actually going. Saying goodbye to my family will be very hard. I love them a lot and I will miss them. It's so exciting, but a bit daunting at the same time. I've been speaking to my accountant trying to find the best scenario to reduce my tax bill once I'm gone. He says that the best thing I can do for my taxes is to become a non resident of Canada. That seems obvious since I won't be living in Canada but apparently there are forms I will need to fill out and take to the Canadian consulate in Singapore. I hope there are no long term ramifications of giving it up. I will still (and always) be a Canadian citizen.







1 comment:

Jack said...

Whew! I managed to dodge all the pictures.