Saturday, March 31, 2007

San Fran to Singapore..

I wrote this after I had arrived in singapore in a small note pad that I bought in mill valley ( in marin county).

March 23

Flaying to Singapore from San Fran was quite an experience. After a great send off by Athena, Andrew, Stephen and Angie, I arrived at the airport with less than an hour to spare (that doesn't sound too bad but they had suggested giving two to three hours for customs and such). I actually got lost on the way to the airport and ended up in a town/village named Pacifica, but that doesn't really matter. I consider Toronto to be multicultural, but even it's diversity did not prepare me for Singapore. I was the only white guy in the economy class and no one around me spoke English. It made for a very long flight. On the plus side the food on the plane was actually very good. I had... hmm. I can't remember what it was called, but it was composed of three sides, white rice, beans with flax seeds, and a peas and tofu mixture (might have been some kind of cheese). I also had a "chicken bun" that was strangely sweet, and an omelet with caramelized onions and tomato sauce, and a chicken sausage.

*** TWO THINGS OF SPECIAL NOTE***
-Do not bother to order a coffee on Singapore airlines. It is not worth it. Even when free.
-When flying, stay on the plane for any stop over less than an hour. Hopefully you will have that choice. If you get off the plane you will have to go through security again, and it dawned on my that I had no idea about the rules of Hong Kong (thats where I stopped over) and was very nervous that i might inadvertently break some of them. Oh yeah and it sucked to have to wait too!

3 comments:

Jennielynn said...

It sounds like your flight was quite an adventure! I will have to remember the tip about the coffee when I come to see you!

Jennielynn said...

Should I be worried that the food on the flight sounds weird to me (never mind the food in Singapore!)

Jon Parkins said...

Dude,do yourself a favor and don't order coffee here :D Toronto coffee blows, Cuban and Mexican coffee's have ruined me for the swill they call coffee in this city. I'll see if I can score you some beans, can you mail those to other countries?