Saturday, March 31, 2007

SOOOO Much to update!!

I apologize for the delay in my postings. It's been a bit chaotic and I've not had a lot of access to computers.

I have spent a week in Marin county, just north of San Francisco. It is soo beautiful there. I stayed at a nice hotel on a small bay, not too far from the golden gate bridge. I should point out that the bridge is HUGE. Like really really big. Really big!! I will post my pictures of my time in San Fran as soon as I get them developed ( I left my digital camera at home with my family so they could send me pictures). Over the course of the week I met many many talented people. It was quite intimidating, until I realized they liked me and respected what I was bringing to the production. They had accurately assessed my weaknesses and valued my strengths, and decided that I was the right guy. Even though I had miss spelled lighting on my demo reel dvd case. (I will forever be ashamed of that. I'm telling you now photoshop needs a spell checker!!) It is quite an ego boost, even as they told me how hard it was going to be.

I have made a decision while I was there too.

I want to work for lucasfilm in Big Rock Ranch. It will take time, and a little bit of luck for the right project to allow for it. But it is now my goal. I completely fell head over heals in love with the area, and the studio.

2 comments:

Jon Parkins said...

Dude, you work for Darth Vader! It's every red blooded humans dream to do that! And if it isn't they have something severely wrong with them. Star Wars is one of those things that made me tread this career path, of course I've severely strayed off it over the years. But I can maybe fix that with some time and join you in the land of cool!

Ryan said...

muahahahaha! You will have to learn huttese, or at least singlish!